Applying for a Licence

If after having a go , you decide you would like to take up the challenge of speedway karting you will need to  apply for an AKA  Licence.

The first thing you will need to do is book in to do your OLT which , you will need too:

  • Undergo a three-stage Licence Application consisting of a Safety Lecture, Written Test and an        
     Observed Licence Test.
  • Provide the Licensing Official with:
    • 1 passport size photo
    • Copy of your Birth Certificate for all competitors under the age of 18
    • A completed Medical Form for all competitors over the age of 60
    • Sign an Driver Insurance Waiver Form
    • Payment for a new licence and Annual Club Membership fee.
    • If you answer yes to some of the medical questions on the Licence Application, you may be required to undergo a Medical Examination with your Doctor prior to a License being granted.
  • All new licence applicants under the age of 18 will also need to have your Parent/Guardian counter sign on your application.


OLT (New Licences)

Observed Licence Testing (OLT) can be conducted for new licensees during Practice and have-a-go  days where the OLT Officer is present, or at another pre-arranged time throughout the season. Pre-booking is essential. To make a booking or enquiry please contact our Secretary details can be found in our contacts  page .

All Midget, Rookie and Junior competitors must successfully receive 4 Licence Endorsements prior to applying for an upgrade to Grade C.

All Senior competitors must successfully receive 3 Licence Endorsements and complete a Flag Day prior to applying for an upgrade to Grade C.